Sunday 14 October 2012

Let it snow ...

...Today I'm going to do some crochet.

Sitting here with my coffee (what a surprise) and looking at the early frost out the windows, I thought I'd look back at earlier pages in my blog to look for something that I'd promised to make a while back (December 2011) - I know, SHAMEFUL!!!

It was a little crochet snowman from Jill at Dapper Toad.
 
 These are NOT mine - what I'm hoping mine will eventually look like

I used to love crocheting but what with kids, school stuff, housework, baking, cooking and lots of other fun stuff, I haven't got around to making anything in a LONG time.

My main concern is the magic circle/ring but I've found a really good video on You Tube that shows how to do it really clearly and I'll share it with you if it works.

So I'm determined this is going to get done, by hook or by crook (definitely pun intended there) I'm going to finish one of these today.....hopefully. Sam xx


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They do look cute, if mine look anything like them then I'll be happy.

      Delete
  2. Omigoodness! Those snow people are absolutely adorable! I cannot crochet (have tried) so I admire your work even more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but the snowmen pictured aren't mine (I wish they were). Jill at Dapper Toad did them. I'll put up a picture as soon as I've finished and hopefully they won't look too shabby :D Sam x

      Delete
  3. These are adorable! I printed off the pattern to make some myself . . . and there is a good chance that I won't get it done like I intend to do. Life does get busy. The magic circle ring is easy if you have a good video. Hope you get time to make one.

    ReplyDelete