Saturday 29 October 2011

Things I've made - money cuff

I like sewing; I like reading blogs with sewing tutorials in them; I like to bake...... but I can't make things up from scratch. So I'm sorry but there will be NO TUTORIALS on here.

What I will be doing is making things, using other peoples recipes and tutorials and seeing how they turn out.

I'm not the best at sewing or baking or making things but I'll give it my best and even if it turns out really bad or weird (yes I mean you Christmas Bird) I'll still show you. Because I know that I'm probably not the only person who makes mistakes with projects.

What I have learned through all the blogs I've read is that, with crafts (any crafts), you have to let go that feeling of having it perfect - CRAFTS ARE NOT ALWAYS PERFECT - it is the mistakes/changes that make it unique for you. So if you're a control freak, this could be kinda hard - you have been warned!!!

One of my favourite tutorials is from Christie at a Lemon Squeezy Home  - A Money Cuff




I've made a couple of these for Miss Bucket so that she doesn't lose her money on school trips or drop her purse at the disco and they have proved brilliant. All you do is wrap it around the wrist and secure it using the velcro.

This is the second cuff I've made for her.  She wasn't around to measure it so it was a bit wide and a bit long but I doubled the velcro closure and she loves it just the same. You can see the double cross stitching to the right of the picture below.

The only change I really made to the cuff was to sew a purse section as we found the small change would roll around into the corners and she would still have to search for it.



These cuffs do not take very long to make and if you are handy with zips there is another design that you can do but I recommend trying the velcro one first. I would agree with Christie that you really need to make sure all fabric pieces are the same size; I found, for me, that this is easiest right at the start - when you have cut your pieces put them all together and check, check and check again.

Thank you Christie for a brilliant tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment