Monday 16 January 2012

Reindeer-itis...

I'm channelling my inner Rudolph today.... that is to say, I have a glowing red nose that keeps itching and running. I think it's going to be the only athletic thing about me today.

I've also been reading some of the lovely blog entries that I follow and feel that I really must get my crafty vibe on soon. My fingers are itching to make something, it's just time that's against me. I keep thinking that 'today is the day' and before I know it the day is over and getting ready for bed.

But I've decided that, for me, 2012 is the year of the Crochet.

I tried at the weekend to make a magic circle and let me tell you, it's NOT that easy. It's probably because I'm a bit out of practice with holding the wool so I'm going to practice a little bit first on my stitches so I get comfortable again then I'll give it another go.

I will be doing a little sewing today, Miss Bucket has shot up in height so I had to chase down some new school trousers. Usually the stock of girls uniforms is bigger than the boys but this time all I could find were loads and loads of boys trousers (she hates skirts). I did ask her if I could buy those instead (noone would notice) but got a big NO. So finally tracked some down on the M&S website which are lovely but a little bit too long, so I'm going to be hemming today.

So it's going to be a little tea and sewing today and except for the occasional HONK as I blow my nose, it should be fairly peaceful. Lovely.

Sam xx

2 comments:

  1. I have problems with magic circles but I find it easier to watch someone doing it on you tube. I usually look at a few different ones and find the way I find easiest - hope this helps. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I'm much better now and I've finally gotten back on track with my crochet after being sidelined by knitting for a while. Sam xx

      Delete