Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year..




Happy New Year to anyone who is reading this. I hope that 2012 will be a healthy, happy and wonderful year for you all.

I'm going to have to do this post in instalments today as I'm going to be busy cooking; watching tv; playing Mario Galaxy on Wii and imbibing copious amounts of sherry today.


Just in case you think I might have a sherry problem - I don't. It's one of those things that you only eat/drink at certain times of the year, even though you love it. Think pancakes on Shrove Tuesday; mince pies at Christmas; Cadburys cream eggs at Easter; Hot cross buns; the chocolate cake I only make at Christmas; Stews in winter time when the months are cold... Sherry is just like that, so I'm making the most of it as soon I won't drink it at all until, probably, I see the Coca Cola Santa advert on telly again.

12.40pm: I've the beef in the oven surrounded by home-grown onions. The smell is gorgeous and I've just peeled the roast potatoes and ready to put on the boil. I'm listening to Duran Duran on Radio 2 and I can hear Bucket jnr has just jumped on Mr Bucket whilst he's watching Worlds Strongest Man. Miss Bucket is currently watching re-runs of Doctor Who (it's David Tennant for all other DT fans out there - swoon).

Source: Google Images - the lovely David Tennant

1.50pm: Okay, dinner is a little late, still waiting for the beef to rest but it tastes lovely from the end bits that Mr Bucket and I have pinched. Potatoes look great and I've done loads of Aunt Bessies Yorkshires as Mr Bucket likes to have some with syrup for pudding. Hurry up beef!!!!!


5.00pm: Right then, dinner is definitely over - bellies stuffed, all bits eaten and condiments put away. I'm feeling really fat and lazy at the moment and Mr Bucket wants us to do Wii Fit
(lot of exercises) - NOT A CHANCE!!!

Pass the Roses tin and stuff me up baby...Only joking, I only had 3.

I've been considering the New Year Resolutions that is customary to do and I seem to have come up with the usual suspects.... lose weight, be happy and try to be more patient. I'm hitting the big 4-0 this year and even though I might have left it a little too late to lose loads of fatty stuff by the big date, I'm going to really dig deep this year and get it off for good. Hopefully I'll look semi-decent by the time the holidays come around. So fingers crossed and here's hoping.

Not too much more this evening except veg-ing out in front of the boggle-box and watching maybe Treasure Island with Eddie Izzard and then catching up with Sherlock Holmes or the other way round. I'll wait and see, both look good. I've just got to make sure that I don't start snoozing instead.

Once again, I wish you a joyous 2012.

Sam xx


No comments:

Post a Comment