Sunday 15 April 2012

Long time, no see...

I haven't disappeared anywhere or completely logged off, it's just that I haven't had anything to share at the moment.

I haven't done any crafting recently - don't know why as I've seen lots of gorgeous things I want to make.

Maybe it's because it's half term with the kids and my kids are constantly 'full-on', the only spare time I get is when I wake up and catch up on the computer with my coffee and toast, and then in the evening when I'm so pooped I tend to pass out during my favourite shows and then wake up at the end with "what happened, what did I miss??"

I will share with you a few of my favourite blogs that I read:

Matt and Dennis at According to Matt are brilliant. They have amazing crafting skills and if you haven't yet looked on their site I thoroughly recommend it. They have some cool peg designs on there and their crocheting is stunning.

Michelle at Michelle made me is a crafting wunderkind, she can literally make crafts out of anything. At the moment she is making loads of things out of an old towel, one of those towels that are frayed and bleached and you have lurking in the back of the cupboard.

Lucy at Attic 24 is a blog that I might have mentioned before. Her blog is one of the first that I look at as she takes such lovely pictures - they always cheer me up and I don't think she's taken a bad one yet! She does such gorgeous crochet work and her hanging wall flower is definitely on my 'to-do' list that I'll eventually get round to.

Sarah at Annaboo's House is another crafting genius, she can turn her hand to most things crafty and her blog is really fun to read. Also, I've found that whenever I've left a comment (however small) she always replies. She sounds really nice and one of those people that you hope you'll run into and have a cuppa with just to natter.

There are some other blogs that I always read as I love to see what's going on in their world, sometimes it's not that different to what's going on in mine: Anne at Marmalade & Catmint, Emma at The Log Cabin and Frugal mum of 3. Their blogs are a great read and I consider them bloggy friends.

I will do some crafting of some sort or another soon, promise. Well...when I have 2 minutes to myself anyway. Sam xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, welcome back! It is hard to get on with things when you have small children, my youngest is twelve now so I have more free time than I used to. I also read Lucy's blog and want to make that flower! Most of the crochet I've learned has been through her. Thank you so much for the mention and the link, I consider you to be a bloggy friend too, a lovely one. Check back to my blog soon because I will be having a giveaway. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, bless you my lovely!
    It's great to see you back.I
    I know what you mean about the lack of time for crafting in the holidays- I'm really behind with making things too.
    Thanks for the kind mention - I'm off to check out a couple of those blogs you've mentioned...!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam, how lovely of you to mention my blog and thank you for the lovely comment you said about feeling as if we were friends.Exactly how I feel. Some blogs strike a chord more than others and as you say its nice to read them first.

    ReplyDelete