Saturday 26 November 2011

Must watch...

Saw a brilliant tv programme last night - it had really scary bits that had me biting my nails; sitting on the edge of my seat and covering my eyes in some places. But I just couldn't look away.

No, it wasn't a Law and Order or CSI or some gripping BBC detective drama, it was Ice Road Truckers: Deadliest Roads on Channel 5. They were driving in the Himalayas and I can tell you they were right on the edge of some scary roads. I've missed a couple of episodes but, I tell you, I won't miss anymore.


Source Google Images

I think the reason that it was scary for me is that it brought back memories of a family trip we went on in 2006. Me, Mr Bucket and Miss Bucket went on a 'once in a lifetime trip' to New Zealand - absolutely stunning place and thoroughly recommend it to everyone.

Part of our trip was in the North Island where we hired a campervan (motorhome) and travelled around. This would have been really good except for the fact that we couldn't have Miss Bucket's car seat in the back, she would have to be sitting in the front (she was three at the time). So I sat in the back. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, the North Island has a lot of steep hills and some of them had very BIG drops at the side of the road. When you are sitting in a vehicle like this and it goes round corners, the back end looks like it swings out and at times, to me, it seemed like Mr Bucket had underestimated things and I was hanging over the precipice.

Whenever I saw that a hill was due up I closed my eyes, clasped my hands and prayed that I wouldn't be sick. As I said, SCARY!!!  Except for this, I loved the place.

But anyway, try to catch the programme as it's really good. Next time they are on even SCARIER roads, I'd better have a cushion ready to hide behind. Sam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment